About Dermatology Patient Education
What is Dermatology Patient Education?
Dermatology Patient Education from the American Academy of Dermatology is your trusted source for the most accurate, up-to-date and dermatologist-approved information that supports your diagnosis and treatment plan for your patients with skin, hair and nail conditions. It is available for purchase as an annual subscription at aad.org/store.
Content is created to specifically address the needs of the your patients, this comprehensive e-library provides access to handouts—all in English and some in Spanish, written at an easy-to-read seventh-grade level and includes the latest information on:
- Common Dermatologic Conditions
- Cosmetic Surgery
- General Dermatology
- Skin Reactions
- Sun Protection
- Viral Diseases
Access is quick and easy with the state-of-the-art digital platform:
- Robust searching—utilizing the latest in semantic search technology.
- Responsive design adjusts automatically to your favorite device.
- State-of-the-art filter allows you to browse content by title, topic and category to find the exact information you’re looking for.
- Streamlined log-in process for easy access at the point of care.
With the Dermatology Patient Education digital subscription, you can:
- Print or email handouts as needed, and include a customized cover sheet with practice information and special patient instructions.
- Bookmark most frequently used handouts
- Receive email alerts when new and revised handouts are posted